Tuesday, February 7, 2017

HOTSpot - Chris - Engage Every Student with Nearpod


After using Nearpod for 3 years now, you would think I would have made a TwosDay video on it, but it was a comment from a student just last week that finally pushed me over the edge to make one. It was a simple comment really, “Mr. Wolf, these Nearpods really help.” Normally, with new technology, kids are excited for the first few times and then the excitement fades. After running over 120 lessons in the past year (Nearpod gives you great analytics btw) it hasn’t lost its luster. To me, it has been well worth the work in developing lessons for the lasting impact it has had on my students. What keeps me using it as my go-to lesson building tool is its ability to engage every student. It allows for 100% participation by students with 0% anxiety of having to share their answers in front of the class. From the beginning of the school year, I have noticed students who were too timid to share their thoughts and have started participating more in class. I think it is partially due to them realizing that they have good answers, and my class is all about learning, even if it means growing from mistakes and wrong answers. If you want to get all your kids involved in class and want to really engage everyone, give Nearpod a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment