Monday, October 10, 2016

HOTSpot - Chris - My Simple Show


I was really dreading teaching about the properties of water because it can really be a dry topic (pun intended).  Wanting to change it up and make my students do more of the work to learn the material rather than me just giving it to them via lecture, I thought of having them make their own video cast. A few days before that lesson was coming up I found this awesome web tool called mysimpleshow.com on the Free Technology for Teachers Blog by Richard Byrne. What intrigued me the most about it was how simple it was going to be for my students to use, which meant most of the time was going to be devoted to learning the material and presenting it in a meaningful way. Looking back on this lesson, little time was wasted teaching them how to use the website, and the final products turned out really well. Definitely another tool to keep in my toolbox. Click here to check out some of their end products.

No comments:

Post a Comment