Thursday, October 6, 2016

HOTSpot - Chris - Taking Notes on EDpuzzle


Using video can be a powerful piece of anyone's curriculum. Whether it's a video of you or something you grab from YouTube, giving students the ability to watch, rewatch, and pause can make a big impact on students who learn at a different pace than their peers. The problem I found with assigning videos, as I would a textbook reading for content, was that I didn't give my students a way to purposely take notes to record their understanding. EDpuzzle was great at adding questions for formative feedback from the kids about their understanding at the time they were taking in the content, but there was no takeaway for them. With the help of our Literacy Coaches, I realized that this piece of technology offered a whole lot more than what I was using. Using the comment feature of EDpuzzle allowed me to purposely pause my students at key points in the video to take notes, reflect, and record their understanding so that they now had something they could take away.  

No comments:

Post a Comment