Tuesday, January 10, 2017

HOTSpot - Chris - Making Meaningful Comment Tips in GDocs



Using electronic documents has really improved the efficiency of handing out and collecting documents in my classroom, but with some trial and error, grading student work and providing them with constructive and meaningful feedback has been the biggest benefit for going “paperless.” I have to admit, at first I didn’t see the benefit of using the different choices in the heading drop down menu until Google came out with the Outline feature in Docs. By setting up my eDocs with headings tied to the outline list, I have saved a good amount of time that used to be spent scrolling to find the part of the document I wanted to make comments and grade. It is a great navigation tool that is really simple to use and requires very minimal setup. The add-on “feedback sheet” was something I discovered when I found myself making the same comment on several student documents. With some practice, I really think this tool will help provide more feedback to my students to help them improve their work. Hopefully, the creators of “feedback sheet” continue to improve this add-on.

No comments:

Post a Comment