Tuesday, January 10, 2017

HOTSpot - Shona - Future Me



It’s a new year. What a great time to reflect and set personal goals. Futrueme.org is an awesome web based tool that allows students to be goal oriented which engages the students in a fun and meaningful way. In order to use this as a tool in your class, you can have the students write themselves an email to various time periods in their life. For instance, in my leader class, I had the students write a letter to their future self by the end of the semester, 1 year from now, and 5 years from now. I had them link their letters to my content area and had them copy one of their letters and send it to me the following day, so I am able to read their goals and wishes. Personal Excellence is a great supplemental resource for the students. Heads up though, Futureme.org asks for a donation after the students send their letters. This is something that needs to be discussed prior to assigning this exercise.

No comments:

Post a Comment