Tuesday, April 4, 2017

HOTSpot - Amanda - Breakout EDU


At every conference I’ve attended the last few years I’ve seen sessions on Breakout EDU. I was intrigued but overwhelmed about how I would use it in my own classroom. Finally, I decided to give it a try, and I’m so glad I did! The students were engaged the entire time and were so excited to participate, even students who usually “tune-out.” The library has 4 breakout boxes you can check out. They include locks, blacklights, blacklight markers and smaller locked boxes. I made my own lesson for the causes of World War II; however, there are tons of pre-made lessons at Breakout EDU website, and there’s a great Facebook page with shared lessons as well. If you are interested in digital breakout lessons, there are tons of resources out there as well! Let me know if you have any questions and if you would like help setting up your first Breakout lesson!

No comments:

Post a Comment