Tuesday, April 25, 2017

HOTSpot - Chris - Grading with Digital Rubrics


Now that I have gotten some really good rubrics under my belt (Thanks to the tremendous work of our Lit Coaches), grading my student work has allowed me to give better feedback to my students. With most of my assignments now being push out through Google Classroom, I wanted to find an efficient way to continue to grade with rubrics while not complicating my grading practices. I have found two great ways to grade online work with rubrics and have a hard time deciding which one I like best. Doctopus and Goobric allow me to quickly grade assignments and give student feedback right in the student's documents but requires some setup of the spreadsheet, while simply assigning the rubric through Google Classroom allows a quick and easy turn in process for me and my students. Right now, they both have their place in my grading system; hopefully, at least one of them can find its way in yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment